Westmoreland Town Offices Closed to the Public Through May 31, 2020

In accordance with the State DMV shutdown to the public due to COVID-19 the Town Clerk  will be available by appointment only for new vehicle registrations. To renew vehicle registrations and dog licenses please use one of the following methods:  

1.Online westmorelandnh.com 


3.Drop Box 

You will not need a self addressed stamped envelope.  For questions or for new vehicle registration information 399-7211 or westmorelandtownclerk@gmail.com. Sorry For Any Inconvenience. 

town clerk

Town Clerk

Dog Registrations

Motor Vehicles


Town Clerk - Jodi Scanlan


Tuesday & Thursday

8:00am-12:00pm & 3:00pm-7:00pm

Closed Holidays

780 Route 63, PO Box 111

Westmoreland, NH  03467

(603) 399-7211


Online renewals now available

Renew vehicle registrations and dog licenses online using payment buttons

ACH fees $0.95 and Credit Cards $2.95% 

Photo Courtesy Robert Sohm

Motor Vehicles

Dog Registrations

Motor Vehicles


Registrations all start with Town Clerk

Government issued ID required


*Registration Fees vary according to 

  the make/model and year of vehicle. 

Record Change Request Form

Vehicle registration information

*Current  registration is required when transferring plate to a new vehicle.

*Vehicles over 26,000 state portion must

 be completed at DMV

Application for Vanity Plate

Dog Registrations

Dog Registrations

Dog Registrations


License Dogs by April 30th

Dogs Must Have Current Rabies Certificate

Unaltered Male/Female:  $10.00

Neutered Male/Spayed Female:  $7.50

Puppies (4-6 months old): $7.50

Senior citizens (over 65) first dog: $2.00 additional dogs charged as above

Additional Late Fees

 $1 each month after June 1st

Not Registered by June 30th $25 Forfeit Per Dog RSA 466:13

Vital Records

Elections & Voter Registration

Dog Registrations


To obtain a certified copy of a birth, death, marriage, divorce, or civil union  

Certificate Application 

Submit  in person during office hours or send completed application, payment, copy ofphoto ID, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:

Westmoreland Town Clerk

PO Box 111

Westmoreland, NH 03467

To obtain a marriage license

Both parties must be present to complete the marriage license application.  Proof of age,  birthplace, and of any previous marriages is required.  Birth Certificate suggested although not required. The fee for a marriage license is $50.00.

Elections & Voter Registration

Elections & Voter Registration

Elections & Voter Registration


Registering to Vote

Register to vote at the Town Clerk's office, or when the Supervisors of the Checklist meet as posted, or on election day. 

Registrants must provide proof of citizenship, proof of age, and proof of domicile in Westmoreland.

*Interested in being a Ballot Clerk? Please call Selectmen's office 399-4471 for more information.

See town calendar for upcoming events

Election Information

Absentee Ballot State Elections

Absentee Ballot Town Elections

Absentee Ballot  FPCA Application

Supervisors of the Checklist

Rachel Bartlett
Pati Patmos
Dawn Lincoln

Wetland Permits

Elections & Voter Registration

Elections & Voter Registration


Laws and Permits

Property owners and contractors should understand the laws and have the necessary permits before any activity involving dock construction, dredge and fill activity in wetlands, and working within 250 feet of the shoreline of any public body of water is conducted.

Contact  (NHDES) NH Department of Environmental Services 

29 Hazen Drive P.O. Box 95 

Concord, NH 03302-0095 

(603) 271-3503

Information and permit applications can also be found on the NHDES website